Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Riot of Colour

If there's one thing Audrey is certain of, it's that she LOVES colour.  Lots of bright, happy colours.



When we created her room in our house, we went with her all time fave, turquoise.  I was trying to make her room fit the overall look of our 125 year old home.  But it wasn't polished and the scheme never came together the way I envisioned.  It wasn't really the fun, happy space she wanted.  You can see for yourself, above.

We've been looking at some ideas for her room in our new house.  And she's not kidding when she says she wants it to be colourful.  These rooms are her favourites.

Apartment Therapy

House & Home
Lucy & Company

You can find all these rooms on my Kids Rooms pinboard.




Here's the inspiration board for Audrey's new space:





I think you all know that I'm a little colour shy.  The walls of her room will be an off white to dial it down a bit.  As will the furniture, except for maybe the bed.  She's currently trying to convince me that a rainbow chevron wall is the way to go.  Yikes!  A riot of colour!

Nothing like pushing yourself out of your comfort zone.

xo Meg

3 comments:

  1. Love the board and all the color! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of it! I must have that freckle print. We love freckles around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the color. I have a lot of catching up to do. I'm pretty sure I'm following you, how come your blog is not showing up in my reading list?!

    ReplyDelete