Friday, August 8, 2014

Before & After: Curb Appeal

Things have been very busy around these parts.  My not-so new-anymore working Mom schedule is finally beginning to settle down.  And we've been working like dogs on projects around this little ranch every chance we get!

  One project that was on the top of the list for us was the ranch's exterior.  When we bought the house, we were under a great deal of pressure to just find something.  We had sold our beautiful old home and were living with my parents during the search for something smaller.  I'm not going to lie... we settled on this house.  And it was... not so pretty.


First, we had the house painted BM's Grey Mist. Then we updated the front door, added a new light and numbers, added shutters and window boxes. 
Other, less sexy changes include re-shingling the roof and re-capping fascia and soffit. 
  I love the changes and how much they've improved the house. Our neighbors have all commented and I can drive up to the house without feeling embarassed now. That's a definite bonus. 


Remember these curb appeal plans? I think we did a good job of sticking to the plan and I'm really happy with how things have turned out. 

  We still have more work to do. We've had architectural plans drawn up for a front porch makeover. The railing is rickety and the flagstone is crumbling, which is becoming a little dangerous at this point. This will also aesthetically improve the flat look of the home. And lastly, we will paint the garage grey to match the shutters. 
  In other news, we're also meeting with the architect tonight to go over our initial plans for a rear addition. I'm really excited about this process and I'm looking forward to getting started. 
  Now that things have settled down at my work, I'm looking forward to having more time to work on projects and post here. I have a few additional exterior pictures to share with you this week. 
Meg 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meg,
    The house looks great. I am wondering how your window boxes are mounted.
    Thank you,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking of painting our brick as well. Are you happy with how it has held up over time? Also, do you know the door color?

    ReplyDelete