Friday, June 3, 2016

Bamboo Chairs

I can't even tell you how long I've searched for a pair of Chinese Chippendale bamboo chairs at estate and garage sales, kijiji, and Craig's List. I know there are some areas where furniture in this style is easy to find, but here in Southwestern Ontario, they were pretty elusive.


So, when this ad came up on a my local kijiji site, I emailed instantly.  The chairs are rattan, and they've certainly seen better days.  Some of the wicker wrapping at the joints is missing but they're sturdy. 

Our dining area has a banquette (which I loooove)

obviously unfinished: missing toekicks, crown molding, etc.


The banquette seat will be upholstered and so will the chair seats. Here's the fabric I've selected:

Robin's Egg Herringbone along with my existing Chiang Mai Dragon pillows.
I'm trying to decide how I want this chair makeover to look.  I know (think?) I want to paint the chair frames because they will need some repairs that would be obvious if I leave them natural. I'm thinking about colour options for the paint. 


White frames:

via

Black frames:

Saarinen tulip table + black Chippendale chairs. Why oh why did I sell my Chippendale dining set?!?:
via


Navy Frames:

THE MITTEN COTTAGE: - Lake Room :: gold curtain rod with navy blue and white print curtains:
via - I would probably go more like BM's Hale Navy than this blue


Still working things out.... feel free to weigh in!


xo Meg


23 comments:

  1. I would love to see them anything but white. Make your finds pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice thing you had posted here. By avoiding Sofa's and all type of things like that creates heat and some irritant feeling during summer. But thin swas nice idea to use.
    Back to original

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sharing but Therefore, if you look at professionalism in your writing, then you must take help from professional transcription services company . Inconsistencies and errors can create an adverse impact on your book irrespective of the message you wanted to convey. It is better to spend a small amount to shape your writing and feel proud of your creation.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Awesome story! Congrats on the successful team work!

    site...

    ReplyDelete

  5. Awesome story! Congrats on the successful team work!


    visit our web

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for posting this article. It is really good and informative.
    top 10 marine engineering colleges in india

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for such an informative post. Please keep up your good work.

    List Of Schools In Coimbatore With Address

    ReplyDelete
  8. These ways are very simple and very much useful, as a beginner level these helped me a lot thanks fore sharing these kinds of useful and knowledgeable information. outdoor game

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are a professional interview transcription services company with a multi-lingual team that has a solid history of producing accurate copy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice and informative post. Thanks for sharing. office furniture Miami.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just cannot leave your website prior to suggesting that I extremely loved the usual info you provide to your visitors. Is gonna be back often in order to see and cross-check other new posts. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Admin, I hope are fine. I'm your one of biggest fan, I like to read your blogs and I'm also shared your blogs with my family members and friends. I hope infuture you'll publish more blogs like your old ones. Please accept my thanks from behalf of me and from my family and friends.


    1947 Housing Islamabad
    Capital Smart City
    Lahore Smart City
    New Metro City Gujar Khan
    Skip Hire Near Me
    1947 Housing Islamabad

    ReplyDelete