Monday, May 23, 2011

Audrey's Room

On Friday, we went on our final visit to the new house before we take possession.  We walked through the space and did some measuring and planning.  As a result, I have re-thought the bathroom project.  I'll post more on that later.  For now, some ideas for Audrey's space.
     Audrey is seven.  She loves all things girly and spends lots of time in her room - crafting, writing, reading, playing and dancing.  She is up there a lot doin' her thing.  I really want her room to express her personality.  She loves colour and pattern and *stuff*.  I want her room to reflect that.  The only thing is - that would make a pretty busy, loud room and my general decorating style is more neutral and subtle.
  I'm trying to find a way to blend our two styles and make her a room she loves that still fits in with the rest of the house.
Above is the general layout of the room.  It is uniquely shaped and will offer two zones.  The bed and night tables will fit perfectly into one nook.  In the other nook, we plan to create a window seat built-in.  This will give her a comfy place to read and craft.  I'm thinking of lots of pretty pillows and a custom shelving unit to house her supplies.  I'm not exactly sure how that's going to fit into the space but since Jay is a carpenter, he will make it work for us.

the old quilt from PB Kids

Right now, Audrey has the Pottery Barn "Audrey" stuff in her room.  She used to love lavender and her room reflected that.  Her latest colour love is turquoise, so we'll be making some changes to her stuff.  Here are some inspirational shots.  Please forgive me, I don't have the sources for a couple of them.  If you know the source, email me so I can properly credit them.


I love how this room is grown-up feeling.  The raspberry colour is awesome and the space feels like it would grow with a girl.

Believe it or not, this is a nursery!  I love the soft colours and the mature feeling of the space.  Also, a chevron rug will be making its way into Audrey's room.


This room is the colour inspiration for Audrey's room.  I love so many things about it.  The turquoise metal bed, the raspberry table, the ric rac trim on the delicate roman shades...  I am hoping to use some similar colours and achieve the same feel.
  So, I'm on the hunt for the fabric to use as a jumping off point.  I'll post about this again when I have a mood board to show you!

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment