Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What I'm Up To Around Here

1.  Too many projects at the same time, as usual.

2.  This ridiculously time consuming and pain-in-the-butt kind of job.





And I thought removing the wallpaper in Elliott's Room was difficult!  Add 20 more feet to the ceiling height and a stairway.  God Bless this crazy old house.

Yes, I know these pictures from my blackberry are crappy.  I don't have time for a real attempt at photography today, what with all the ladder climbing.

xo Meg

4 comments:

  1. Good luck lady... and I hear you! I have far too many projects on the go as well. Trying to cross a few off now that Halle is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you removing your paper? Your house appears to be very similar to mine, and I'm having a bear of a time!
    Dusa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dusa,
      Wallpaper sucks. That's where I'm at this morning. We have most of it removed, except for the crazy high top of the staircase.
      All I'm doing is peeling the first, sort of plastic-y layer off using a scraper and my nails. Then I'm soaking down the paper layer underneath with a spray bottle of water and that just pulls right off once it's really wet. Huge pain in the butt, but working. Some parts come off in large pieces and the rest comes off in teeny tiny chunks.
      It's an awful job. Good luck with yours!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete