Monday, June 11, 2012

Gettin' it Done

Ah, the best laid plans.

We made some progress on my list this weekend. Woohoo!

The landing zone now looks like this:


   I know it's not styled beautifully but it certainly is helping to keep the kids stuff in order.  All their school and sports calendars are up here so we know what's going on.  And they can actually hang their backpacks up on their hooks when they come home.  I do plan on covering the bulletin board with a little DIY project I have in the works.  I'm sure I'll get to that some day.

I also got to painting the powder room , as planned.  The walls were covered in a slightly textured, plaster finish.  They were painted a light blue, but looked dirty and roughed up.  I thought a coat of BM's White Dove would be just the ticket. 

However, as I painted, this happened:

what the...?  chunks of plaster are coming off the wall?

Neither one of us can figure out why.  But it looks like we're gonna have to fix it somehow.

And simply cursing at it isn't working.

The problem is that there is that pesky texture on the wall, which will be really difficult for Jay to fix with drywall compound.  I don't imagine that he can get the same texture.  We're going to try anyway.  There are three nasty peel-y spots.

over the window

to the right of the door

  We didn't even attempt the third thing on our list (cleaning up the sideyard, planting the garden and mulching).  It was simply too hot here this weekend, like 40 degrees.  We'll get to that later in the week when it's supposed to be cooler.  We took our kids to the beach instead.

Happy Monday!

xo Meg



3 comments:

  1. We had that very same problem on the ceiling in our dining room. We tried to do some research as to what could be causing the problem and found it could be 1 or about 20 different things. lol. Not much help at all! I can sympathize!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The landing area looks terrific Meg! Bummer about the pesky painting problem! Hope you had fun at the beach! Happy Monday! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always hard to pinpoint certain problems! hope you get it sorted:) Have a good week!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete