Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Eating on Your Lap

We are smack dab in the middle of this renovation and it seems like every time we feel like we've made a bit of progress, I look around at the sheer bedlam and feel discouraged again.

I'm not gonna lie.  I'm sick to death of eating on my lap.  I want to be able to use my table again.  And look my people in the face when we're eating dinner.  Currently, my kids are sitting at the office desk to eat and Jay and I are carrying our plates out to the living room and attempting to balance them on our knees whilst eating.  This is fine for a party but for every day living???

And do not get me started on what constitutes dinner around here lately.  We are tired, overworked, underfunded and simply exhausted.


You can see our pantry in the above shot.  You know, all the bins of food on top of the table?  You might also notice the cabinet doors ready to be installed once the boxes are complete.  If the boxes area ever completed...


It's cereal for dinner again!  Just kidding.  Sort of.

Check out the size of that crazy French door propped up against the wall.  It wasn't working, as it was so heavy it warped the doorframe it was installed in.  We had to remove it.  I'm taking suggestions if you have any ideas about how to repurpose it.  Headboard perhaps?  


Since my dining room is a sham, here's what I'm dreaming about.  I wouldn't want to leave you with those terrible pictures burned into your brain...




Look!  This one even has wine!!!!



You can find all these images on my Dining Pinterest board.

Happy Tuesday!  Anyone want to have us over for dinner tonight??

xo Meg

2 comments:

  1. It will look wonderful once its done! That first inspiration pic is fab. Love that chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooove the first dining room pic. The curtain fabric with the red bench! Wish that was in my house! ;)

    ReplyDelete