Thursday, October 25, 2012

Elliott's New Room

I've been pulling together some inspiration for Elliott's bedroom in the new house (which we have yet to find, but that's a post for another day).

If you recall, this is Elliott's room now:



He's definitely outgrown the bed.  There's no way he can fit into a twin bed anymore.  We have a lovely, simple dark wood headboard to use in his new room.  But the bedding will be changing, obviously.  I'm on the lookout for great rustic bedding.  

The room will be heading in a slightly different direction.  For one, we don't have much barn board leftover, so there won't be a barnboard wall.  But we will probably keep his desk and just upgrade the chair.  
The turkish rug will also be staying. 


Elliott loves the red colour in the rug.  I really struggle with decorating using red.  It's just not a colour that speaks to me.  But apparently it is loud and clear for him.  He's gone so far as to ask for red on the walls.  I don't think I can go that far, but maybe a red desk chair and a few other accessories.

Here's some inspiration:



(only using reds and grey instead of blues - love this room by Abby)






I actually think I could just shop for the room entirely on the West Elm site.  I and thinking about these two blankets:





We will also go with a darker, moodier wall colour... I think.  I'm working on an inspiration board.  I'm also looking for a red desk chair so let me know if you see something great!

xo Meg

2 comments:

  1. Well, I don't know squat about boy rooms but I love your inspiration! I also love his wood wall and hope the new owners of the house will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, Thank you for the mention! I just love Eliot's room. It's perfect! I hope you don't mind, but wrote a blog post about it today. You can see it here: http://www.adelightfuldesign.com/2012/11/boys-room-feature-from-nutmeg-co.html

    ReplyDelete