Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Before & After: Sideboard

Things got a bit crazy around here this weekend.



Sometimes, I get tired of being neutral.  I love the look of my new warm charcoal grey wall, but that wasn't enough. It was far too 'wood-y' in here. Plus,  I wanted to add some energy to the room.  Big time.

I was really loving the colour of the demijohn sitting on top of my sideboard.  And things have been moving in a more 'green' direction in our house.  So I decided to paint it green.  Now, this sideboard is actually a converted chest of drawers.  It's nothing too precious but it holds all our napkins, tablecloths, etc. and is really functional.  Perhaps my favourite thing about it is the brass hardware.

So I sanded it down, primed it and painted it.  I will spare you the bunch of photos I took of this process.  Here's the before:



And here it is now:





This colour thing is totally all it's cracked up to be.  I love how the hardware stands out and the way the paint sort of modernizes the piece.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.  

Check back later in the week for some photos of the gallery wall I'm working on for over the sideboard. Think antique brass frames and dark botanical prints...

xo Meg

6 comments:

  1. I love it! The color is perfect. Good for you for being bold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah baby!! You are rocking this color thing like a pro :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour! The hardware and details of the piece really stand out now and I bet it looks amazing next to the charcoal wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your dining room is shaping up!! The dark walls, light fixture, and the new sideboard color is gorgeous! Great job!

    - Kristen :)

    ReplyDelete