It's really messy and dirty in our house.
I think we ate cereal and peanut butter toast for most of our meals this weekend.
My kids have been running wild through the neighborhood.
But the demo is complete and the ceiling is up. Our kitchen had a drop ceiling. In fact, the drop stole away nearly 20 inches of height in the kitchen. I'm not sure why this was done, but Jay is suggesting that it was to accommodate for the electrical that ran through there. Since our ceilings are really high, it probably didn't matter to the old owners.
We tore out the ceiling on Saturday, which was May 12th, 2012. Once the drywall came down we discovered this:
Then the electrical was re-routed to include two pendants over the peninsula, one over the sink and a central ceiling fixture. More on our lighting plan in another post.
Here's the progress we made this weekend:
|This is Jay, up on the scaffolding, installing the tongue and groove boards.|
|And here is the ceiling with the beams installed. Now it just needs painting.|
I know these aren't the greats photos. I took them on my iphone. But that's all I can really manage at this point. I was on clean up duty this morning and things are looking tidier around here. But there is an insane amount of dust in every nook and cranny of this big ol' house.
This week you can look forward to the inspiration board I've created for this space and some details about lighting, cabinetry and countertops. I'll try to squeeze in more time to blog - things have just been pretty hectic around here!