I've decided to make peace with living in squalor.
So much so, that I will now be showing you yet another unfinished, nasty room in our house. This room is also on the list for a spruce up. And like every other fix up around here, there's a very limited budget but lots of willingness to work it hard. Elbow grease is my best friend.
I took these pictures on my iphone and I'm gonna post them really small so I don't scare anyone away.
This is our master bedroom.
Yeah, I know.
It's actually a decent sized room. Not as big as Audrey's room or anything, but decent. She has a huge walk-in closet too. We have a dinky little closet. That we share. We were clearly drunk when we decided who would get which room (that drinking reference is for you, Elizabeth).
Once upon a time, I posted about our master bedroom and my dreams for it. Here's the mood board I made then:
Things Our Master Bedroom Has Going For It:
- nice light hardwood floors
- 2 beautiful, large black and white photographs
- cool antique light fixture
- Restoration Hardware Vintage Wash Linens for the bed (uh, not pictured in the room)
|(these linens, in this colour)|
Things To Address:
- Window Coverings: I am thinking of doing a DIY stencil on a pair of Home Depot Drop Cloths. In my dreams, it would turn out something like these from Nicole Yee that I pinned last week. Maybe not a black stencil. Maybe something paisley-ish?
- Headboard (for sure a DIY)
- Come up with some plan for the room's layout . That 'dresser wall' isn't cutting it. I'd like to add a couple of chairs and a desk or side table over there. And remove the smaller dresser.
- Paint the walls and ceiling
- Sew a lumbar pillow for the bed
I want the palate to be pretty neutral/white with just a bit of the blues and greens that I love so much. Here's some inspiration rooms:
|style at home|
|kerrisdale design - probably my all time fave casual bedroom|
So, add another project to our ever-growing list. I won't be able to start in on this project until I complete a couple others going on around here. But it's on the horizon. I can almost see it!