Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Lighting Up Audrey's Room

I've been looking for lighting for Audrey's room.  She would like something flashy, with dripping crystals. I would like something a little more pared down - perhaps a little rustic - but definitely something with some personality and colour.  Here's a few we've been looking at:


Serena, by Currey & Co.  This one is probably Audrey's fave.  I like it too but it's also the most expensive of the bunch.  





This one is just from the Home Depot - inexpensive and fun.  I like the star shape.  The 2010 Princess Margaret Lottery Home also featured a similar star chandy in the girl's bedroom and I love the whimsy it adds:




Canadian House & Home Magazine via Megan at A Life's Design






And then there's this simple, rustic barn light from Barn Light Electric. But I'd probably do it in the 'crusier green' colour below. It would be perfect with our fabrics.




    It's always a push and pull with Audrey.  She wants lots of colour, I prefer a subdued palate.  She wants wall to wall carpeting in grass green, I prefer the hardwood with a funky rug.  I am struggling to balance her wants with mine.  I know it's her room and I don't want to squash that vibrant, fun personality.  But it has to fit into our home and budget.  

Right now, I'm leaning towards the Star Chandy from Home Depot.  That's fun and funky, right? What do you think?


xo Meg

1 comment:

  1. I love the first chandelier, but I think it might be a little over the top for the space. I think the star pendant is perfect. It adds more glam than the barnlight and it is a great conversation piece.

    ReplyDelete