Monday, September 5, 2011

Window Covering

   We are home from a much needed weekend away in Michigan.  We head there every year for a little family reunion with my Dad's side and we try to stay a few days and make a trip of it.  A little shopping, meeting up with some friends for a stay at a waterpark hotel, good eating...  We had so much fun.  It was the perfect ending to a summer that has just flown by me.

   We got home just in time to get ready for school, which starts in the morning here.  I have a big boy in grade six and a little girl in grade three.  Where did the time go?

   My little girl isn't really the princess-y type anymore.  Now she's a bit more mature... maybe a little cooler than that.  She wants her room to be sophisticated.  But she also wants a canopy bed.

Audrey actually already has a beautiful old iron bed that is going in her room.  She won't be getting a new canopy bed.   The iron bed will be placed in front of a large double window on one side of her L-shaped room.  I've been searching for window treatments that I can make to give her bed a canopy feel.  I've decided to make a pelmet for her window.



The layout of this room is really similar to what we have planned for Audrey's room.  The old iron bed will go in front of the big window.  I'm not sure how far the pelmet will come out from the window.  And although I like the trim on this one, I will be going with something a little simpler...





I like the fullness of these drapes and the trim.   I think I might just use pom-pom trim though:




   I love how whimsical this trim is.  I'm hoping to find it in an aqua that co-ordinates with the fabric we chose this weekend on our trip to Michigan.  (I tried to find an internet image for you but can't seem to find it anywhere).  I will attempt a photo of the fabric tomorrow.

The first two images are from Hi Sugarplum.  Cassie did an amazing job on her daughter's room and there's lots of inspiration to be found on her blog.  Pom-pom image via my pinterest.

xo Meg

1 comment:

  1. Have fun making the pelmet...your fabrics are yummy! Send me a pic when you're done and I'll feature it in Reader Projects!

    Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete