Monday, March 19, 2012

Grey and White

     The temperature here has been so moderate that we're seeing all the signs of spring in our garden.  I love the little crocuses and tulips that are beginning to show their pretty faces.  It has me plotting and planning for summertime.
     On our search for a new home, we're looking at properties that are outdated and, well, kind of unattractive. I don't want to say ugly...
     The exterior of these homes need lots of work.  I've always wanted a home with medium grey siding or shake and crisp white windows.  My family's lake house looked like this when I was a little girl and I've always been drawn to the look of that home.  I think it's my true North.

This style is exactly what I'm after.  love the siding colour, black french doors, crisp
trim and coach lights.  We're even looking at one property with a run down pool and
pool house with potential.

Such a pretty garden path.

I love the yellow door.  Such a welcoming entrance!





Happy Monday, everyone.  I hope you all survived the spring break!

xo Meg

images via pinterest

4 comments:

  1. I love the gray/white/black combo. Although that yellow front door is wonderful. And that garden path - I want it! Thanks for sharing the great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg,
    I just wanted to let you know that there are some cute houses in my neighbourhood :) lots of love
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great color combo. I've never seen a house that looked BAD with those colors and they actually make rough houses look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty combination. Our house is brick (not pretty brick though) and someday we'd like to add siding to update it. I've always thought about grey like this for some reason, especially grey shake.

    Good luck in your house hunting quest. Hope you find the perfect grey house!

    ReplyDelete