Thursday, December 15, 2011

Art: Maps & Globes

Let's face it.  Art, well, good art is expensive.  And we are not all artists.  Sometimes I wonder where artists get their inspiration to create something different.  Something no one else has done.

I am often on pinterest looking for inspiration.  There are so many cool ideas out there.  As I was looking over my DIY pinboard, I discovered that I really like maps and globes.  Tripped out maps and globes, anyway.
Here are a couple of ideas that I really loved:



Frame the maps of the places you were born or places you have travelled together.



Frame a city map, of a place you love.  

  I'm thinking of framing a map of the city of San Francisco.  My hubby and I went there for our honeymoon in1999.  We barely had a penny to our name so we walked and walked and walked!  I love that city and we hope to go back sometime soon.   I love that this one is framed with a vintage gold frame.




I love these globes with the chalkboard paint.  I'm thinking of combining the chalkboard paint with a cool saying or something decoupaged, like these:

art globes via imaginations




I got the chalkboard paint out this morning and am currently putting the first coat of the stuff on my globe.  I'll keep you posted!

xo Meg



3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how your globe turns out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the heart maps. My hubby loves maps, and that will be a great xmas gift. So happy I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Can't wait to see how it turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete