Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Holiday Mantle

I showed you guys the beginnings of my holiday mantle last week.  But I've made a couple of changes.



The left side was looking a little lonely, so I added this antique brass menu stand.  I just stuck the small Pottery Barn Kids letter to it.  It gives it a little gold flash on that side and a pop of colour.



Here it is now:



 I know some people are all about bling for Christmas decorating.  And while I appreciate that look in magazines and the homes of my friends, I have a hard time with it for my own home.  I'm all about restrained holiday decor.  I'm not sure why but at this time of year I just go for a 'less is more' approach.  Maybe it's the over-stimulation of all the lights and bright colours.  Maybe it's because there's so much that is going on over the holidays that I need calm in our home.  Either way, I'm so happy with how my simple mantle looks.

I've linked up this mantle to the Christmas Cheer Link Party at Ten June.  There are already lots of pretty mantles to look at over there so go have a look!


I've also linked this mantle up to the Holiday Home Highlights Tour over at a la mode.  



xo Meg

2 comments:

  1. I like the simplicity of your mantel--especially the branches with the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how chic and clean the branches are! Great job!

    ReplyDelete