Saturday, January 5, 2013

Elliott's Bathroom

One of the first projects we'll be working on in the new year will be the lower floor of our brick ranch house.  Plans include a fab teen space for my boy, Elliott.  There will be a bedroom and bath, with a large walk-in shower for him.  We will be using some of the elements from his old room in his new digs but the bathroom isn't even constructed yet.

Our plans include:

  •  a dark slate floor, perhaps laid in a herringbone pattern (if I can convince Jay)
  • planking for the walls (if I can convince Jay)
  • industrial-feel lighting
  • a round mirror
  • simple subway tile, most likely in white



Here are some bathroom spaces that I love.  











Here is a sample of the tile design I'm thinking of:







And here's my design plan:








Sources

6.  Wood Shelves from our leftover barn board

I'm going with a pretty simple look - mainly charcoal and white - with some warm wood accents so it doesn't feel cold.  I haven't found a vanity yet.  Possibly a repurposed dresser would work.  Or perhaps something with simple lines that's sprayed gray.  Let me know if you have any suggestions!

xo Meg

2 comments:

  1. I love what you have planned! That sconce is awesome! I'm excited to see it when it's all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you have planned. I seem to recall that Home Depot had a Martha Stewart vanity painted a soft gray. I'd love this bathroom for myself!

    ReplyDelete