Monday, July 4, 2011

the Recap

What a crazy, wonderful weekend we had!  I'll run down the recap for you:

On Thursday, we got the keys to the new house!  We were all so excited and we walked over to look through and get down to business with the planning.  The kids played in their empty rooms and the overgrown backyard.  We picked out a paint colour for the living room/dining room, primed out the pink walls and got some sample pots from BM to try out some colours.  



We picked BM Natural Cream.  



Then on Friday, we left for the cottage.  A little time on Cedar Beach is just what this family needed.  Jay has been working so much to try and wrap up a project with a really tight deadline.  It's meant we haven't seen much of him lately.  So, we spent the holiday swimming and kayaking,throwing around the football, and hanging in the hammock.  We got to see some of our big family: my aunt and uncle, my brother and his amazing kids, and my dad.  We all sat by the fire and drank too much wine till the wee hours.  It was  Canada Day perfection.  Exactly how I would wish to spend it.

Audrey and Avy in the hammock chair reading. (Sorry about the photo quality)

We returned (me a little sunburnt), on Saturday night after a tour of the antique store on the way home.  I didn't do much buying, only an aqua Mason jar with a perfect glass lid to store our beach glass in. I can never resist an old aqua Mason jar.  But we are rested and happy (especially the kiddos).

Sunday was spent painting the walls in the Living and Dining rooms and removing the cupboard doors and hinges in the kitchen.  We plan to paint out the kitchen in white and put on new pulls.  Since we have a large kitchen reno planned for phase two, we don't want to spend a lot or do too much work.  Just a coat of paint and a new pendant light will have to do for now.  I don't think I could stand it unless we painted it out.  Oh yeah, and the horrible floor tile backsplash is staying for now even though it might drive me insane.



In between these projects, I played a soccer game and Elliott played a soccer game and we had dinner at a friend's house last night.  Thank heavens for good friends who are willing to throw a couple extra sausages on the BBQ for us during this crazy time!  If they hadn't offered, I think we would have had cereal and peanut butter toast for dinner last night.  

I'm off to finish the second coat of paint in the Living and Dining room!

xo Meg

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous long weekend... and that you're all enjoying the projects that come with a new home!

    I'm sure that a coat of white paint will help you survive all of the sad tile choices in the kitchen haha! :)

    ReplyDelete