Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's all coming together!

     I woke up today frustrated.  I was feeling like I would never pull Elliott's room together.  It's been so much work and I have had a lot of trouble finding products for the room on our tight budget.

     I mean sure, I could  blow the budget on the Hudson's Bay Blanket in the Twin size for his bed ($270):




      And I also found some amazing curtains that I love but they were expensive.  And, to have them shipped and pay the Canadian Duty on them would have made them outrageously priced.  Budget decorating can be so frustrating sometimes!

     I  have been scouring my local stores for linens for both the bed and the curtains with no success.  Imagine my surprise this morning when I headed into The Bay (incidentally to return the blanket that broke the budget for the room) and found a perfect duvet cover for the bed.

(It's the grey houndstooth one on the right)

Not only is it the graphic hit that I was really looking for in the room, it is only $49.99

The budget gods were smiling down on me today, that's for sure! We're getting closer and closer... slowly.


xo Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment