Thursday, November 24, 2011

Flipped Out, Tripped Out Bathroom

I'm taking a break from my holiday posting cause I think it might be getting a little boring for all of you to watch me struggling to get organized.  That'll probably never happen.  But I'm giving it my best.

This is something I know you'll like!  A little before and after.  Some flipped out, tripped out bathroom madness!  Everyone loves a makeover!

Remember how we flipped a house last winter?  This bathroom was probably the worst room in the whole place.

heinous bathroom on the upper level

ceiling of heinous bathroom.  don't ask.

The plan was to adjust the layout slightly, stealing some space from a closet in the hallway.  We lost a bit of linen storage this way but we gained a bunch of space to create better function in the bathroom.


Bathroom Layout Before





Bathroom Layout After



I should also explain that this is the main bath of the home, there is no ensuite.  There is a powder room on the main level though.  Also, the clawfoot tub was out of our budget so we went with a lovely drop in that we created a panelled surround for.

Here's how it turned out:






Still a pretty tight space but much more functional and certainly more beautiful!  I was really pleased with the way it turned out.  The marble really gives the room a luxurious feel and since we were working in such a tight space, we were able to splurge a bit.  

Happy Thursday!
xo Meg

7 comments:

  1. Love it! Really, it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh WOW! You need to share more from this house I think! This is a gorgeous space Meg, and I love how you worked with the space!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an unbelievable transformation! Gorgeous! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love it! Losing the closets is kinda sad (I live in a house that, before we put one in, had NO closets), but in this case, definitely worth it! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that really turned out great. I love a good makeover :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so much better! Great job!

    ReplyDelete