Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Kitchen & DIning Room Plans

I found this picture on Tim Clark's site.   I love the way this banquette looks here.  Casual, perfect for family dinners, yet refined enough to also host friends.  I love the grey cushions and the subdued palate, the floral pillow, and the monogram on the linen slipcovers.




I have mentioned how I plan to build banquette seating into our dining room's bay window.  When we're at a restaurant, I always want to sit on the booth side of the table.  We are opening up the wall between our kitchen and dining room.  The room looks something like this:




I really think an open plan would work here for us as long as the finishes in our kitchen were pretty fancy, kind of like the kitchen above.  Maybe 'fancy' isn't the right word.  Maybe 'refined' is better.  I know it's a casual look and that many people feel that a formal dining room should exist in a home, but it's just not the way we live.  I don't think I've ever had guests that I wouldn't serve dinner to in this way.  

 I'm working on the kitchen plans right now and I'll show them to you as soon as I have them ready.

Hope you all had a safe and fun Halloween and that nobody is suffering from a candy hangover!

xo Meg


1 comment:

  1. What beautiful inspiration photos Meg! Can't wait to see your kitchen plans! :)

    ReplyDelete