Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Holiday Happiness!

I know my American friends are preparing for their Thanksgiving celebrations right now.  But here in Canada, that's been over for quite a while.  So I'm full swing in Christmas mode! This is the earliest I've ever started to prepare and it's giving me a wonderful case of Holiday Happiness!

We went on a hike this weekend and collected dogwood branches for our outdoor planters.  We had a blast as a family looking for the brightest red branches.  And Gilmore, our golden retriever, actually swam in the river despite the near freezing temperatures.

Now if it would only snow!  I'm having a little trouble with the photographs of the front of the house but I'll make sure to show you them as soon as I can.  They still need a little re-touching.

So, as for my list.  I've checked the first thing off!




Now I'm working on the inside decor.  I'm striving for natural, cheery and simple.  

Here's some of my favourite inspiration photos from my holiday pinterest.  



Usually at this time of year, I swap out the piece of art over my mantle with a mirror.  I like the way the candles and lights are reflected in the mirror and it looks better with my overall scheme.


A couple of years ago, I bought some 'faux snow' from Pottery Barn.  I don't know if they still sell it but I love the way it looks topped with real cranberries.  I do this every year.  It's the perfect hit of red on my simple mantle.  

I'll be back a little later with some photos of my planters!

xo Meg

1 comment:

  1. So pretty. I have been pinning holiday inspiration like crazy lately. I can't wait to get started this weekend.

    ReplyDelete