Thursday, November 10, 2011

It's my birthday and I want a falafel.  Specifically, this falafel, from Can You Stay For Dinner?


Looks good, right? Just spy-ed the recipe here.  And I'm making it for dinner tomorrow night.  Not tonight, cause Jay's doing the cooking (and the clean-up).  

One other thing... 

This is my 100th Post!  

Interesting that it co-incides with my 100th, er, 35th Birthday!

I have so loved writing this blog.  It is probably the most creatively committed I have ever been in my life.  You see, I'm really good at coming up ideas and plans and always have the best intentions for following through with them.  It's just that I often lack the commitment it requires to be a real finisher.  

To commit to completion is hard for me for some reason.  

Something about this blog has changed that for me.  For instance, the old me would probably just have given up on the whole pelmet thing in Audrey's room.  But now, I feel accountable.  And also, somehow convinced that I actually can finish something.  You guys finish stuff all the time.

So thank you for reading.  Thank you for inspiring me every day with your creativity, DIY skills and comments here.  Thank you for sharing your families and stories and homes and for listening while I shared mine.  I wish I knew you in the real world.  I would certainly invite you over for a mason jar full of cake to celebrate with me today.


via


Instead, I'll be arm wrestling my Pfaff 130 and the Pelmet fabric. You know, finishing what I started. 

Wish me luck.

xo Meg

NOTE:  I forgot to add the links yesterday to Jenny and Cassie's Pelmet posts.  I have added them now!

3 comments:

  1. Happy happy birthday!! Hope you succeed at the pelmet and enjoy some yummy falafel (one of my favorite meals)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Meg! I hope you are having a great day!!

    Also - congrats on 100 posts! I'm so glad that you've stuck with it. I love reading about your projects and getting to know more about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Meg! I hope you had a wonderful birthday! That falafel looks sooo good! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete