Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Holiday List Progress

I'm still working away on my Happy Holiday List.  But I'll be honest, some of the deadlines have already been missed.  I'm a bit disappointed about this but I know I still made a good start, and am getting things ready way earlier this year than usual.




  • I have to get the cards done for this weekend, cause we're going to this family party and I'd like to be able to give them out then.  That means the photos need to be completed and the cards put together.  I think I'll still be on time with those.
  • I didn't bake any cookies last week.  I really planned to but the week just got away from me!  I'm going to try and get them done this week too.  I like having them for hostess gifts, parties and quick last minute presents.  I also still need to get the packaging for them ready.
  • I went on a big shopping trip this weekend.  I did get many of the items on my list checked off but there are still more to do.  Because of Black Friday, many of the things I needed for the kids were sold out.
  • I still need a wreath for my front door.  I gave up on the lights, since Jay is working a lot right now and our house is really, really tall.  I would need the giant ladder and am getting tired of harassing Jay to bring it home from the jobsite.  If they actually get done, that would just be a bonus.  


I'm just trying to keep it real for you.  I put a lot of pressure on myself to meet these deadlines and frankly, it's a fail.

I don't want to let that ruin my holiday spirit though.  After all, it's about the fun of doing all those things anyway.  I really have enjoyed working on the list and I'll keep going, even though I may have been unrealistic about the timelines.

Happy Monday!

xo Meg

2 comments:

  1. Your LIST is so pretty! I need to add: "make nice list" to my list.

    P.S. Am following you now, so I can keep up with your posts. Thanks for following me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed a few of my deadlines too Meg, by I am still pretty happy with where I am overall! I am so happy for you that you have these things done...because it's still not last minute! Have a fun weekend! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete